Enterprise Performance Management Overview
Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) is defined as tools used by executive decision makers to focus on and enhance their business’ performance and profitability. To accomplish this, the performance management platform that is used must focus on the past with historical information, the present with current results, and the future via predictive analytics.
Today’s performance managers have to know what’s happened in the past and why it happened, know what the company is wanting to accomplish in the present, and align those present goals with what is predicted to occur in the future. Thus, various kinds of EPM tools (accelerated financial close tools, budgeting tools, business metrics, dashboards, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), scorecards, and other strategic management tools) are in high demand to provide this outlook that is critical to performing at high levels in today’s fast-paced digital world.
Oracle Hyperion EPM Video Summary
- Oracle Cloud EPM applications making a shift towards engaging and building management insight between/across Finance, Human Resources, Operations, etc.
- Looking to continue to build a single integrated system between ERP, SCM, and EPM
- Oracle EPM is Agile, Pervasive, Connected, and Comprehensive
- Agile: Scenario Modeling, Synchronizing changes in Products and Chart of Accounts, Business Process across systems
- Pervasive: How to leverage EPM broader and deeper in the organization. Driving sales forecast further down below the Director or Manager. Performance and Scale for Larger Models. More of a model based architecture that can handle changes in business logic/requirements
- Connected: Integrations with transactional systems through prebuilt adapters for Oracle ERP, Oracle HCM, Oracle NetSuite. Continue to build out functionality for bi-directional integrations eBusiness, PeopleSoft, and other systems. Process integrations within EPM applications, for moving budgets and forecasts back into the Ledger and/or HFM
- Comprehensive: Creating simple interfaces but keeping the complexity in the background even in the cloud environment.
- Oracle EPM Cloud Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Modules: Planning, Projects, Capital, Workforce, Strategic Modeling (Strategic Finance), Financial Statement Planning (BS/ IS). Cost and Profitability Management, Tax Provisioning and Reporting, Financial Close & Consolidation, and Account Reconciliation Management.
The Sonora EPM Difference
Our Enterprise Performance Assessment helps our clients improve their business processes. Oracle EPM solutions utilize state-of-the-art technology, yet are made so that the enterprise’s finance team can manage and maintain them. Sonora learns where changes in the business process are needed and how integrating new technology can help to achieve that objective.
From beginning to end, our EPM approach covers each area in detail. We assess each client’s EPM via these assessment steps:
- Review existing process and systems
- Educate the client on the Oracle Hyperion EPM solutions that are available
- Provide product demonstrations and technical tips
- Provide transfer and training needed to end users
- Deliver a quick return on investment
- Via an EPM Solution Implementation, Sonora can help your organization drastically minimize its consolidation, close and reporting cycle.
Sonora’s Gold Status, along with its diversified Oracle service and software suite, give us the ability to leverage existing lines of business to help us become your complete Oracle solution partner.
We provide a “Rapid App” offering of Hyperion EPM lines to those businesses that need these products to stay ahead of the business curve. We can add functionality later on as you need it or as your business objectives change in response to your industry. We help our clients understand the costs and benefits of hosted and cloud-based models.
A user-friendly approach is paramount to our mutual success. We can provide quick installation times thanks to the many “Out of the Box” features that utilize pre-packaged tools. This is a major reason why Oracle is considered to be #1 in EPM solutions.
Sonora’s Managed & Cloud EPM Services
Sonora provides hosting in our state-of-the-art data center and significant experience in Oracle EBS, Business Intelligence, and Hyperion. We provide complete, affordable solutions for small and medium-sized organizations in every
- Sonora is an Oracle Gold Partner, which is a very high level of certification. It is also a specialized Pillar Partner in BI/EPM, Core Technology, CRM, and EBS.
- Focuses on multiple products throughout the entire Hyperion EPM line.
- Allows organizations to quickly maximize their business efficiency and their ROI while reducing their costs and risks.
- Implements Oracle EPM solutions in a quicker, more convenient, and less costly fashion thanks to pre-packed “out of the box” technologies.
- Offers clients the option to host the application in the Sonora Cloud or on-site at the client’s location.